The export agent is responsible under the direction of the manager for all aspects of assigned account with respect to the coordination of export shipments including but not limited to answering customer inquiries on rates, assist with cargo bookings, make cargo reservations, advise routings and scheduled delivery performance information, tracking of cargo and handling of export paperwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primarily handle customer inquiries for rates, sales, service and bookings in this high paced, high volume customer service driven role. The export agent is responsible to provide timely and accurate information as it relates to the cargo bookings and the clients.
- Quoting, Emailing, Answering Phones, Making Cargo reservations and bookings
- Tracking / Tracing of Shipments
- Coordinate any necessary surface transportation with vendors
- Coordinate & Verify specifications of the shipping commodity
- Pre-alert offices/ handle customer inquiries
- Ensure all export paperwork is in order
- Provide excellent customer service to agents, clients, partners & vendors
- Communicate effectively
- Provide accurate and timely information when quoting customers
- Provide follow up to problems/ Ensure cargo arrival status
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports to show performance and growth
- Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications: Minimum Requirements:
Must be 18 years or older
High School Diploma, some College preferred but willing to train the right person
Computer skills and work experience preferred
Must fulfill background check and be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs/ TSA if applicable
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Physical Demands/ Working Environment– Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired)
Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Office
Attention to detail / Excellent Customer Service & Organizational Skills
Ability to work independently and in a team in this fast paced environment
Ability to multitask and work effectively
Work values (e.g. responsible, honest, loyal and dedicated)
Communications skills – Read, write fluent English bilingual skills are a plus
Full Time Position Shift: Daytime Open Date:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.